Thanks to Priceless Joy, I am participating in this Timed Writing Challenge/Stream of Conscience Writing, of either 5 or 10 minutes. You may like to give it a go yourself, so I’m nominating YOU.
The topic is:
‘If I could live anywhere in the world I wanted to for one year, rent or mortgage free, where would that be?”
Easy, my favourite place in the world is The Grampians, Victoria, Australia. I always feel completely at peace with the world when I am here. I have done a lot of healing there over the years, and the mountain ranges ‘speak’ to me their magic. The hiking is fantastic, and the views when you reach the summit are breathtaking.
I have wonderful family memories of my Mother, there too. We were once looking outside the kitchen window at two beautiful blue wrens dancing with each other, and we marvelled at this sight we shared, I will never forget that. Many nights by the fire toasting marshmallows, talking about everything.
The other places would be Paris, a little apartment in a small town on the outskirts, eating fresh baguettes and cheese every day. Rome for its incredible daily walk in history. The Swiss alps in a log cabin, hiking, reading and lots of apple strudel and hot chocolate.
End of ten minute timed writing. (140 words approx.)
These are the rules:
Open an MS Word document (or Pages)
1. Set a stopwatch or your mobile to five minutes or ten minutes, whichever challenge you think you can beat.
2. Your topic is at the foot of this post.
3. Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you begin writing, do not stop.
4. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS Word (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules).
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However, if you do, it would be best.
6. At the end of your post, write down ‘No. of words = ______’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within that time frame.
7. Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least five bloggers).
8. Please put a pingback to this post on your completed free-writing piece.
My nominees are: YOU (Please accept this challenge)
I decided not to nominate anyone specifically, but to nominate anyone that would like to try this challenge. If you are reading this, then you are nominated by me, @Deliawrites. It is a lot of fun and really doesn’t take much time to participate. I hope you will accept this challenge.
Your topic choices to write about are:
If you could live anywhere in the world you wanted to for one year, rent or mortgage free, where would that be?
What is your most favorite book of all time? Tell me all about it.
OR BOTH, as I plan on doing. Enjoy!